Fort Casey on Whidbey Island
Fort Casey was one of three forts overlooking Puget Sound that were built in 1897. The forts had massive concrete bunkers with canon for naval defense around the time of the Spanish American War. In the subsequent 100 years the abandoned concrete defensive structures and barracks weathered into a state of derelict disrepair. Fort Casey is also home to Admiralty Head Lighthouse.
Stepping into the Past